- The privacy of my website visitors is very important to me, and I am committed to safeguarding it. This policy explains what I will do with your personal information.
Collecting personal information
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
- information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to send me an email;
- information that is generated while using this website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
- information contained in any communications that you send me by email or through my website, including its communication content and metadata;
- any other personal information that you send me.
Using your personal information
Personal information submitted through this website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of this website. I may use your personal information for the following:
- administering website and business;
- personalizing the website for you;
- sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you;
- providing third parties with statistical information about users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- keeping the website secure and prevent fraud; and
- other uses.
I will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Disclosing personal information
I may disclose your personal information to any of my employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
I may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, I will not provide your personal information to third parties.
International data transfers
- Information that I collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which I operate in order to enable me to use the information in accordance with this policy.
- Information that I collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China, and India.
- You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Section E.
Retaining personal information
- This Section F sets out my data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that I comply with my legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
- Personal information that I process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section F, I will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that I am required to do so by law;
- if I believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend my legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of your personal information
- I will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
- I will store all the personal information you provide on my secure (password- and firewall-protected) harddrives.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and I cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
I may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on my website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes to this policy. I may notify you of changes to this policy by email.
You may instruct me to provide you with any personal information I hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the following:
- the payment of a fee; and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
I may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct me at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to my use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or I will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
My website may includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. I have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Please let me know if the personal information that I hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
- The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
- I use Google Analytics on my website to recognize a computer when a user visits the website / track users as they navigate the website / improve the website’s usability / analyze the use of the website / administer the website / prevent fraud and improve the security of the website / personalize the website for each user;
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies—for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools,” “Internet Options,” “Privacy,” and then “Advanced”;
- in Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” “Privacy,” selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Content settings,” and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on the website.
- You can delete cookies already stored on your computer—for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/ kb/278835 );
- in Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies,” and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Clear browsing data,” and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data.”
- Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.